Roxford Lodge Hotel is surrounded by a variety of restaurants, which cater to every palette. Just a 5 minute walk from the Roxford Lodge Hotel is the Beggars Bush and Bath Avenue area which offers a great gastro foodie experience for any visitor.
• The Chop House - a great Gastro pub serving really good food and excellent steaks www.thechophouse.ie• The Old Spot – a classic and timeless Gastro pub serving delicious food, quality wines, select craft beers and bespoke cocktails in a warm and friendly atmosphere. www.theoldspot.ie• Food Game – a lovely café serving tasty home cooked grub and great coffee www.foodgame.ie• Farmer Browns - a trendy bistro serving really good fresh food and which has featured in various 'Top Ten Burgers in Dublin' lists. www.farmerbrowns.ie• Juniors - Juniors is a New York style Deli, serving generous sandwiches, salads, soups and specials by day, and an Italian influenced Cafe by night. www.juniors.ie• Paulie’s Pizza – is one of the first pizzerias in Ireland to create real Neapolitan style pizza, which are probably the best pizzas in Dublin. www.paulies.ie• Osteria Lucio - a good restaurant where the chefs unite their love of Irish and Italian food with the very best of produce, from both countries. www.osterialucio.com
We are in the centre of the richest selection of authentic Irish Bars in Dublin, each one full of character and characters.
• The Bath Pub – a great sports bar especially for rugby fans with a great selection of beers, wines and spirits and a good brunch menu www.thebathpub.ie• Slattery’s Pub - a traditional Irish pub and D4's No. 1 rugby bar. Enjoy a drink while watching great sporting events, listening to some live music or chatting with the locals. www.slatterysd4.ie• Ryan’s Beggars Bush Pub – this real traditional bar dates back to 1803, and arguably, serves the best pint of Guinness in Dublin. www.beggarsbush.com
For those special occasions or for a fine dining experience, here are some great restaurants that one has to experience in Ballsbridge, within a few minutes walk of the Roxford Lodge Hotel
• Asador - Irish seafood and meats grilled over charcoal in a sleek, upscale eatery with a theatrical open kitchen, which has a fantastic cocktail bar with excellent service and a great atmosphere. www.asador.ie• Roly’s Bistro Café – is one of the most famous and popular restaurant and café in Dublin serving classic dishes with seasonal local ingredients in a welcoming atmosphere. www.rolysbistro.ie• The Lobster Pot – an elegant and intimate dining room offering silver service with a friendly and relaxing atmosphere serving a menu of French-influenced fish and seafood. www.thelobsterpot.ie• Baan Thai Restaurant – owned by a Thai family, this authentic restaurant serves the best, most Authentic Thai Cuisine to be found in Ireland. www.baanthai.ie• Kites Restaurant - one of the best Chinese restaurants in Dublin serving a great combination of all that Asian food can offer. www.kitesrestaurant.ie
For a healthy alternative, two new eateries have just opened up on Baggot Street just a short stroll from the Roxford Lodge Hotel.
• Eathos – an eatery that offers good wholesome food with lots of dishes that are gluten and dairy free. This innovative eatery serves platters of glorious salads and mouth-watering cakes and pastries. www.eathosdublin.com• Cocu - an eatery serving fresh, flavoursome and healthy food which has a couple of tables but is very much a place to grab something and take it away to be enjoyed at hotel or by the canal on a hot day. www.cocu.ie
Here are a few superb and nearby locations to spend a few hours during your stay with us in Dublin.
• The Print Museum - Step back in time to discover the traditional craft of letterpress printing and appreciate the importance of the invention of the printed word. www.nationalprintmuseum.ie• Grand Canal - is the southernmost of a pair of canals that connect Dublin, in the east of Ireland, with the River Shannon in the west. The calming water of the Grand Canal is located just 5 minutes walk from the Roxford Lodge Hotel. Here you can enjoy a nice stroll or jog along the banks of the Canal. There are so many other things that you can enjoy by the canal, just check out this link for things to do. www.dublincanals.org• Herbert Park – Enjoy this beautiful park, which is 32 acres in size and is in two halves, divided by a road, also called Herbert Park. This beautiful park has a large pond with lots of • natural habitat and tennis courts, children’s playground and a bowling green. www.yelp.ie/biz/herbert-park-dublin• Aviva Stadium – Enjoy a tour of the Aviva Stadium where you can go behind the scenes and follow in the footsteps of some of the great Irish Sporting heroes. www.avivastadium.ie• Bord Gais Theatre - Enjoy an array of entertaining performances from musicals to plays, the ballet and concerts to many more....at this venue. www.bordgaisenergytheatre.ie• The Irish Village Markets - Enjoy some great lunchtime alternatives offering diverse foods and tastes from the busy street food markets located in an idyllic setting just along the banks of the canal just a 5-minute walk from our hotel. These food markets take place every Thursday and Friday. www.irishvillagemarkets.ie